This error usually occurs when the user tries to establish the connection between the Jenkins and external applications.
The following are the environments in which this error can occur;
- CloudBees Core
- CloudBees Jenkins Enterprise
- CloudBees Jenkins Platform
- This error indicates that an incorrect TLS version is being used between Jenkins and the external applications. Jenkins expects to use the TLS v1.2 but older plugins and applications may be using the v1.0 or v1.1.
- First, the user can try settings the JVM argument –Dhttps.protocols=TLSv1.2 to make sure that Jenkins uses only TLS v1.2. If this method does not solve the issue, then the issue is with the plugin or the external application itself.
- Also, make sure that your plugins are up to date and looking for any issue regarding the TLS connections if the issue is coming from a special plugin.
- Check the external server to make sure that it is using the correct TLS version.
For example, a Windows Team Foundation Server may need to have registry key similar and added to enforce the use of TLS v1.2:
32 Bit (DWORD would be 32 bit)
64 Bit (DWORD would be 32 bit)