A mistake or inaccuracy, about by committing the miscalculations on the things you are doing. It is a state having the wrong judgment in your conduct that allows catastrophic things to happen. In machines, this error is considered to measure the difference between the observed and the computed values of an event against its real values.
This problem may happen due to the following factors;
- The drive is physically damaged.
- The drive is empty.
- The drive is written as protected.
- The drive has virus infections.
- The drive had bad sectors.
Troubleshoot and fix:
There are some types of errors that are hard to pin down. Here are some steps that will help to troubleshoot and fix it.
- Clear up your Temporary files, internet cache, and reboot.
- Disable your firewall and anti-virus software.
- Use the Microsoft Windows Update Troubleshooter to reset the Windows update settings to default.
- Flush the Software Distribution Folder.
- Reset the Catroot folder
- Boot in Clean boot state and run the Windows update again.
One solution is to use a Windows Disk Management Tool found in Windows My Computer. Select the indicated drive and hit Format. Delete any partitions in the drive prior to formatting.