Google Play Store is one of the largest application stores in the world and makes millions of apps available to its users for all tastes, and you can even install it on other devices, such as Kindle Fire tablets. An average user installs dozens of apps in a month and Google uses its searches to show the best apps based on your history, but what if you want to get rid of your Google Play history? Well, here we will show you two infallible methods to do it. So don't stop reading to the end.
Delete your history through the Google Play Store application
The first and easiest method to clear your search history is through the Google Play Store application itself. The process is extremely simple, and here are the steps you must follow to do it:
- Open the Google Play Store application on your mobile.
- Now click on the button with three parallel lines, located on the left side of the search bar to display the application menu.
- In this menu, locate the Settings option and click on it.
- Once there, locate the General section .
- Here you will see the option to Clear the local search history, just click on it.
- Confirm your selection, and voila, you have now successfully deleted all your history from the Google Play Store.
As you can see, it is very easy to delete your history through the Google Play Store app, and best of all, this process will take less than a minute.
Delete your Google Play Store history from your device's settings menu
The second method is a bit long, but it is also just as effective as the previous one. This is all you will have to do:
- Swipe down from the top of the screen and tap on the gear-shaped icon in the upper right corner to access your device's Settings menu .
- Alternatively, you can go to the home screen, look for the Settings icon and tap on it to access the menu.
- Once inside the configuration, look for the Applications section and open it. On some mobiles, there may be another section called Manage Applications, as some OEMs use their custom skin and rename some sections.
- However, if you are using the latest version of Android, you can simply take advantage of the search function within the settings to find the Applications section.
- Now, in the Applications section , find the Google Play Store application.
- Click on Google Play and select the option Clear data.
- Then, click on Clear all data.
- Then, simply return to the Google Play Store and when you open the app you will see a pop-up window that will show the terms and conditions of service, accept them again and you will be ready to continue downloading your favorite applications.
You can use either of these two useful methods to clear your search history on the Google Play Store. The first method is much easier and more direct, while the second is a bit longer, but in the end both are just as effective. Regardless of the option you choose, it will only take you between one and two minutes to permanently delete all the history from the Play Store.