The operation cannot be completed because some of the required items cannot be found. This is one of the most frustrating errors that occur on screen and keeps the users from deleting needed files or folders.
This error mostly occurs when you cannot empty the Trash on your device “The operation cannot be completed because one or more required items cannot be found” is the most common message from not so long a list of Mac OS errors. It is more common for the Mac OS X EI Captain or OS X 10.2 users.
- Navigate to the Apple menu and choose restart.
- Press and hold Command +R keys until you see the Apple logo on the screen.
- Click on the Disk Utility option before selecting Continue.
- Choose the disk you want to repair and press the FirstAid button to proceed with the Disk Utility check.
- Click Run and wait for the Disk utility report. There can be various issues with your device and none of them from.
- Click on Show details to learn about a particular problem.
Sometimes this error can also occur due to some illegal characters in the name of the file or a document @ ! # etc. These are considered as illegal names of files.