In this article, we will see the difference between java 7 and java 8.Java 7 (codename "Dolphin") is the first major update to the Java programming language under the ownership and management of Oracle since acquiring Sun Microsystems. Completed the final acquisition by Oracle Corporation on 27 Jan 2010. American technology giants host the global event to celebrate the launch of the Java Standard Edition 7. The Java SE 7 is the affirmation of Oracle's commitment to the language and technology. It is a great achievement for the ownership of two years from the tech giant Sun Microsystems - the company that invented the Java programming language.
Sun Microsystems is now a wholly-owned subsidiary of Oracle Corporation and with the acquisition, American technology giant also has MySQL, Solaris, and Sun line server, storage and networking hardware. Java 7 is a major achievement for Oracle after the acquisition and a major upgrade to Java in five years that nearly took the company to a new level. This new version addresses many of the trends that has literally swept the programming language. Java 7 release solid that offers some major upgrades including major bug fixes and improved support for non-Java dynamic languages, plus the kind of support for the creation of a generic class disruption.
The main features of Java 7 include:
• Additional languages are grouped under Project Coin
• String objects in a switch statement
• Some exception handling to eliminate duplication of code
• class-loader architecture Enhanced
• Increased eg generic types of disorders
• Library support for ECC (elliptic curve cryptography) algorithm
• Upgrade Rowset JDBC 1.1 and 4.1
• Increased Managed Beans
• Automatic resource management in the try-statement
• Concurrency and collections updates
• Compressed 64-bit pointers
• JVM support for dynamic-typed language
What Java 8 and its features?
Oracle officially released Java Development Kit 8 on March 18, 2014 marks a watershed moment for the programming community around the world. With the release, the company changed the paradigm of programming accommodate all-new lambda expression for functional programming. Lambda project allows the user to treat functions as arguments method of creating a delegate or expression tree types. Java 8 is a major change to how your code. Programming language to move to a more specific functional paradigm which is a great improvement from what it used Java to accommodate.
Some of the main features originally planned for Java SE 7 but was suspended after it. They feature eventually find their proper places in Java SE 8 update marks a significant upgrade to the model. Lambda expressions far the biggest update to the model that the possibility of increasing productivity in many business models.
The main features of Java 8 include:
• Language-level support for Lambda Expressions
• The default interface and Static Methods
• Unsigned Integer Arithmetic
• Concurrent API enhancements
• New Date and Time API
• Parallel Sorting
• Null Reference Template
• New and improved API Streaming
• Removal of permanent generation