But there is a little feature that WhatsApp lacks which has been one of the main features of conventional texting i.e. sending messages to someone who is not on your list of contacts. If you want to send a WhatsApp message to someone, they should already be present in your contacts. If you are not present, you need to create the contact first before you can send them a WhatsApp message.
Now it's okay if the particular person is in regular contact. But sometimes you might want to message someone for one time only and prefer not to add their contact due to the temporary nature of communication.
Also, you prefer to just chat with a person without giving your personal information (profile, status, etc.). And a specific privacy setting in the app, lets you hide this information from people who are not on your contact list.
Unluckily, WhatsApp does not permit you to send information without saving the contact number. In this article, we will search for some workarounds to send WhatsApp messages to a contact number without affixing them to your contacts.
WhatsApp Direct (iOS, Android, Windows Phone)
WhatsApp Direct is a simple web application that allows you to send WhatsApp messages, directly to a phone number, without first creating a contact. it is a cross-platform application that works on iPhone, Android and Windows Phone devices.
The interface of the web application is quite simple and self-explanatory. The next steps will lead you to convey a WhatsApp message by WhatsApp Direct:
- Open WhatsApp Direct at your iPhone, Android, or Windows Phone device.
- Select the recipient's country code.
- Then enter the recipient's phone number (without the country code) and the message (optional) that
- you wish to send, in the respective spaces provided.
- Press the Submit button.
The app will now redirect you to WhatsApp (Click OK if it asks for your permission), with a new chat opening that matches the entered phone number and the entered message ready to be sent. To send the message to the phone number, just tap the Send button on the chat screen.
If you haven't installed WhatsApp, it will ask you to install it from the App Store or Google Play.
Note: Make sure that the phone number you enter is already registered on WhatsApp, otherwise the message will not reach the recipient even if it is successfully sent to WhatsApp servers.
Install WhatsApp Direct
On iPhone and Android, you can install WhatsApp Direct on the Home screen using the Add to Home screen option. This way, you can launch WhatsApp Direct like any other app on your device. To add WhatsApp Direct as a web app on iPhone or Android, follow these steps:
- Launch WhatsApp Direct using Mobile Safari.
- Tap the Share icon at the bottom of the screen.
- From the Share menu, select Add to Home Screen, then tap Add in the top right corner.
- Launch WhatsApp Direct using Chrome browser.
- Tap the Menu button (hamburger icon) in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down and tap Add to Home screen, then tap Add in the pop-up window.
WhatsApp will now behave as an independent application that can be started immediately from the home screen of your iPhone or your Android smartphone.