Q1.What modern browsers does EXTJS work on?
There are 5, name them:
EXTJS4 support cross platform browser compatibility.
FF 3+ (PC, Mac)
Opera 11+ (PC, Mac)
Q2. What are the prerequisites for learning ExtJS?
-First and most interest of self learning & work on open source libraries.
-Drive through EXTJS API docs & practice samples
Q3.What is new in ExtJs 4 compared with its older versions?
- Extremely customizable Charts, free graphs and visualization using HTML5, Charting engine
- Powerful Themes introduced using SASS, makes extremely easy to customize your application theme.
- ARIA,RTL (right to left language support) such as Arabic etc. Fast interaction with mouse & keyboard (section 508A); EXTJS gives world class accessibility support.
- End of Form Layout. With EXTJS4, forms can use any layout, making it easy to achieve any look & feel. (Forms not tied to Form layout)
- Upgraded Components: component wise fixing bugs, improved UI, given new level of visual polish.
- Upgrade in GRID extension components - Row Editor, Tree Grid are rewritten and are in build into the framework. Locking, editing and infinite scrolling that can scroll forever.
- Improved Data package – This is strongest part of EXTJS, package uses stores,readers,proxies and rest to seamlessly load data from any source. Using this data package build modern, scalable enterprise grade web apps using MVC. New Proxies like WebStorage,WebSQL, Session storage proxies used HTML5 feature to save data in client side, and achieved by single line of configuration.
- Double the documentation including a new API browser.
- Application Architecture – It enables us to create some incredible tools to help automate much of the design and maintenance into creating applications. Model –View-Controller is introduced in Architecture, defined with common file structure, best practices, 4000+ unit testcases for EXTJS components.
- Faster,Easier,more stable, learn easy using 200+ examples with EXTJS4s
Q4. Explain a little about Ext.Element class?
- Element wraps most of the DOM methods and properties that you'll need, providing a convenient, unified, cross-browser DOM interface.
Ext.dom.Element - Encapsulates a DOM element, adding simple DOM manipulation facilities, normalizing for browser differences.
// by id
var el = Ext.get("my-div");
// by DOM element reference
var el = Ext.get(myDivElement);
Q5.Differentiate Ext JS & Sencha Touch.
Q6. What is Sencha GXT?
It’s a comprehensive Java framework which can be used to build feature-rich web applications. The framework uses the GWT compiler. This allows developers to produce an application in Java and compile them into cross-platform HTML5 code which is highly optimized.
Q7.What are the GUIs supported by Sencha Touch?
The GUIs supported by the Sencha Touch are:
- CSS3 and HTML5 for higher flexibility.
- I have enhanced touch events.
- Excellent support for animations.
- Easily scales to various resolutions for best compatibility with various Android and iPhones.
The question is asked in many Sencha Touch Interviews. Go through it twice and don’t miss it the next time you face this interview question.
Q8.Name few most used Sencha tools.
These are the most user preferred Sencha tools, Sencha Inspector, Sencha Architect, Sencha Cmd, Sencha Themer, Sencha GXT, Stencils and Sencha IDE and Code Editor Plugins.
Q9. Why is the Sencha Architect tool used for?
This tool empowers app developers to build HTML5 applications merely using drag and drop features. This saves a lot of valuable project time for developers which they use for manual coding. The code available here is also optimized to achieve high-level performance
Q10. What Do You Know About Different Versions Of Ext Js?
Ext JS 1.1
The first model of Ext JS became advanced via Jack Slocum in 2006. It changed into a fixed of software instructions that's an extension of YUI. He named the library as YUI-ext.
Ext JS 2.Zero
Ext JS model 2.0 changed into launched in 2007. This model had new API documentation for computer Application with restrained capabilities. This model does not had backward compatibility with preceding model of Ext JS.
Ext JS 3.Zero
Ext JS version three.Zero was launched in 2009. This version brought new capabilities as chart and list view however at the cost of pace. It had backwards well suited with version 2.0.
Ext JS four.Zero
After the discharge of Ext JS three the builders of Ext JS had the principal undertaking of ramping up the rate. Ext JS version 4.Zero become launched in 2011. It had the whole revised shape which accompanied by way of MVC architecture and a fast application.
Ext JS five.0
Ext JS model five.0 became launched in 2014. The principal change in this launch become to trade the MVC architecture to MVVM architecture. It includes the capability to construct computer apps on touch-enabled devices, two-manner records binding, responsive layouts and many extra features.
Ext JS 6.0
Ext JS 6 merges the Ext JS (for computer application) and sencha contact (for cell application) framework.
Q11.What Are The Different Ext Js Components?
Ext JS has various UI components some of the majorly used components are:
Q12. Explain the difference between 'ext.js' and 'ext-all.js' file?
ext-all.js: This file contains the entire Ext JS framework (used for Development & testing)
ext.js: This file contains the minimum Ext JS code (Ext JS base library)- used in Production
Q13.What is the use of bootstrap.js file?
If developer is not sure which file to include between ext-all.js or ext-all-debug.js then you can make right use of bootstrap.js file.
The only thing that this file does is import ext-all.js or ext-all-debug.js, depending on the environment we are using.
Q14.What do you mean by Sandbox mode in E4?
-To run multiple versions of EXTJS side by side. Leverage your investments and migrate at your own place.
- To use Ext JS 4 in the sandbox mode, you need to import the ext-all sandbox files and the ext-sandbox.css file as well.
Q15.What if your embedded device has a browser built in?
Distribution of Sencha Touch applications is free of charge through a general-purpose browser, regardless of device. Thus, an embedded license will not be required. The general purpose web browser has a general browser “Chrome” and a URL bar.