Your HD TV, your satellite receiver, your VCR or DVD audio or video player, each with its remote control, what a mess! Manage everything with a single control. We explain how to do the automatic code search for the DirecTV remote control.
Hired the services of satellite television from DirecTV and now eagerly have your satellite receiver and your Universal Remote Control (RC DirecTV).
You also have your old Smart TV, although not that old! and your DVD and Blu-Ray device , each with its remote control… what a mess!
Fortunately, you have the automatic search configuration or, failing that, the manual configuration of your DirecTV remote control so that you can pair it with all your entertainment devices and avoid the hassle of using two or three different controls.
We present you how to carry out the configuration of your DirecTV control and we will focus on how to perform the automatic code search so that you do not have to have to find and enter the specific code according to the make and model of your entertainment device.
Setting DirecTV Control Manually
Your Universal Remote Control of DirecTV , you can control not only your satellite receiver but also the TV which is connected.
Additionally and depending on the remote control model ( DirecTV RC ) this will allow you to control other devices such as: DVD video players, VCR video , stereo audio players and additional televisions or encoders.
However, for your remote control to pair properly with any of these devices you must follow a series of steps:
- Check the model of your DirecTV remote control , depending on the age of the receiver equipment you can have from the RC-23 (older) to the RC-73; being very common for Latin America the standard RC-32 and RC-32RF.
- Depending on the model, you will be able to see in the upper part of the control a switch with the positions “ DirecTV , AV1, AV2 and TV”.
- Place that switch in the option you are going to program, in our case TV. In the case of DVD, VCR, stereo or additional players, you will move the switch to the AV1 or AV2 option according to the input where the device has been connected.
- Locate the "MUTE" and "SELECT" keys on your controller; the first is located below the volume control and above the "1" button while the second is in the middle of the control.
- Once located, press both keys at the same time and for at least 5 seconds until the upper green LED blinks twice.
- It is at that moment that you must enter the 5-digit " configuration code for your television " according to your brand and model of TV. If you don't know, you can find it on the DirecTV website or in DirecTV Latin America .
The green led will blink once you have entered the code correctly.
- Once this is done, you will check the operation, raising or lowering the volume. If it works correctly you will move the switch to the "DirecTV" position. If it doesn't work you will have to start over from step 4 trying another code.
How to set remote control for DirecTV by auto search function?
The truth is that setting your DirecTV remote control by code manually can be intimidating, even more so if you do not have the 5-digit code at hand, also depending on the brand there may be more than 6 codes to test.
Fortunately, there is an automatic code search option to configure your control , and in this way you forget to be trying with one or the other. Pay attention to how to do it:
- Turn on the TV to which you want to find the code and want to pair.
- Slide the switch , located on the top of the remote, to the "TV" position.
- Locate the "MUTE" and "SELECT" buttons on your remote.
- Press and hold the "MUTE" button, next to the "SELECT" button. For at least 5 seconds until the green light on the top of the remote control glows or blinks twice.
- Just immediately enter the code "991" using the numeric keypad. The green light will flash twice again.
- Point the control at your television and press the upper arrow of the "CHAN / PAGE" or "CHANNEL" button until the led turns off, do not panic, the TV will turn off.
- Pressing that button will run an automatic scan to find the code instead of forcing you to enter it manually.
- Press and release the "SELECT" button immediately after the TV turns off.
This is how you have successfully performed the automatic search for the remote control code for DirecTV .