I had faced similar mysql database issue in the past.
Here is what worked for me in Windows 7 to disable secure-file-priv
- First you must stop the MySQL server service by going into services.msc.
- Go to path C:\ProgramData\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.6.
- Now open the my.ini file in Notepad.
- Please search for 'secure-file-priv'.
- Make sure you comment the line out by adding '#' at the start of the line.
- For MySQL Server 5.7.16 and above, commenting won't work.
- You have to set it to an empty string like this one - secure-file-priv=""
- Please save the file.
- Now you can start the MySQL server service by going into services.msc.